This is a tester for a number of obsolete survival equipment batteries:
There are a number of battery connection points:
- AN/PRC-90 family that use the BA-1568/U (or equivalent)
- AN/PRC-63 family that use the BA-1568/U (or equivalent)
- AN/URC-64 family that use the BA-1113/U (or equivalent)
- ACR / RT-10 Type K308A battery
- SDU-5/E Strobe light uses BA-1574/U, 4RM1B, ACR No. LLB1 or 1032, or equivalent
On the bottom is a set of graph cards that pulls out. This converts the DC Milliamperes reading into an approximate hours remaining.
- PRC-90 (BA-1568/U) and SDU-5/E cylindrical on front panel
- PRC-63 & URT-21 on left just below meter
- URT-27 on right just below the meter
- K308A on the back
If the hours remaining are less than 60% (reading of < 0.6 mA) of normal battery capacity the battery should be replaced.
A new battery should read greater than 0.8 mA.
Since all the batteries that this tester was made to test were Mercury based, it no longer has much practical use.
TS-183- Dry Battery TesterThis tester will check a large number of dry batteries.
The battery type table has been expanded to include the load resistance, where used and replacement numbers.
TS-2530A/URThis is a newer version of the TS-2530/UR that has the URC-10 cable replaced with a cable for the BA-1568/U (PRC-90 battery).
This was replaced by the BT-2 Battery Tester.
TS-2530/URManuals: TM 11-6625-2631-14 (016132.pdf) and TM 11-6625-2631-40P (020041.pdf)
This is an older test set that needs the MX-8801/PRC-90 adapter to test the BA-1568/U.
These manuals also cover the TS-2530A/UR.
It was replaced with the TS-2530A/UR.
Back to Brooke's Battery, Military Information, Home page
This is the [an error occurred while processing this directive] time
page has been accessed since since June 23, 2001.